The mission of the Department of Chemistry is to teach chemistry as a basic discipline whose focus is to make clear the fundamental concept about the materials which is essential for technology development. In undertaking this mission via quality teaching in the classroom, laboratory, and research environment, the department is preparing promising students with knowledge of chemistry as fully as possible.
Our Vision is to provide the opportunity for students to develop their knowledge and skills in engineering chemistry. The extent to which these skills will be developed depends on the needs of the students in the various categories.
The Department of Chemistry endeavors to be a model for educating students prepared to compete in and contribute to the ever-changing, technology-centered world of the 21st century. To achieve this vision the department is committed to provide a course of study for undergraduate students in the Engineering Chemistry that are high-quality, innovative and intellectually challenging.
In support of the mission the Department has following objectives:
- To play the role of mentors to undergraduates through advising them in research.
- To teach students the value of cross-disciplinary thinking by providing them with educational and research opportunities between chemistry and other fields of study.
- To promote innovative curriculum development while exposing students to advanced instrumentation and technology.
- To foster multi-disciplinary curriculum development to provide students with a breadth of knowledge based on Engineering.
- To encourage community engagement by providing students with service-learning and community-based research opportunities.
- To serve as good role models to students for safe and ethical professional behavior.
- To provide high quality academic advising for all majors.
- To encourage students to value diversity and to develop a global perspective through international experiences in chemistry.