The Institute follows the prescribed syllabus of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUTWB) formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) for BBA program.
The autonomous MBA curriculum design and pedagogy emphasizes the development of students' skills and abilities to apply management theories and concepts to live problems in business and industry. Students are expected to achieve high standards of excellence.
The Theoretical deliberations are generally through Case Study Pedagogy. Stress is on the practical applications of the concepts and Theories. Normally Case Studies from Indian Organisations are used for analysis and mapping onto the corresponding Theories and Principles.
In addition to Case Studies, students are exposed to real life Projects through Summer Internship Projects. While Summer Internship, arranged by the department, is mandatory and a part of the Curriculum.
Personality Development, Soft Skill Development and Communication ability Development are essential pre-requisites for a student’s all-round development. To this end, intensive Customised Sessions are designed for each student through all Semesters. These include preparing the student for Aptitude Tests, Group Discussions, Verbal and Written Communication, Presentation and Personal Interviews.
Regular visits to the Industries enable the students to see for themselves what they have to do when they start their working Career. Team Building, Communication, Marketing and HR traits are honed through Workshops and Seminars and FDP/MDPs organized by CMS throughout the year.
- Classrooms are equipped with teaching aids like OHPs, LCD projectors, PA systems etc.
- Members of Faculty are available beyond class hours for clarification of doubts. Problem solving sessions and remedial classes are held regularly.
- Seminars/Workshops/Panel Discussions on recent developments in Technology & Management are routinely organized with speakers from Academia and Industry every Friday and Saturday to improve their exposure and innovative and presentation skills.
- Students from other Management Institutes are also encouraged to participate in various quiz programmes, debates, management games, etc. organized by CMS.
- Collaborations are in place with various industrial houses to strengthen Industry-Institute conglomeration for providing in-campus and off-campus summer/winter training to students.
- Mock Interviews are organized so that students can face their job interviews confidently
- Periodical meetings between students, teachers & parents/guardians are held to get feedback regarding teaching and learning in the Institute.
- Strong Alumni Association who actively help in Placement Activities and also mentor students.