This is an exciting period for the Computer Engineering profession as the rapidly changing technology creates many opportunities and challenges. Department of Computer Science and Engineering is prepared to meet the challenges and is playing a leadership role in shaping the education of the 21st Century by providing unique educational and research opportunities in the forefront of Computer
Science and Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering established in the year 2000 offers UG programs in Computer Science and Engineering with intake 60, in 2001 it increases to 90 and finally from 2008 intake becomes 120. Post Graduate Course stared with intake 18 from 2008.
The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain areas in Computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction. The Department has an excellent placement record and the placed students are in prestigious software industries all over the world.
UG Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
1: Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would assist to resolve industry's technological problems.
2: Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry and research institute.
3: Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to social awareness and the economic growth of the country.
4: Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management and will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
UG Programme Outcomes (POs):
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals in engineering specialization to get the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems and formulate it to the substantiated conclusions of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for complex engineering problems to meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Use the research-based knowledge and methodologies for interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Use the appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools to predict and model the complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply contextual knowledge reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues towards consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
7. Apply the engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles to commit the professional ethics, responsibilities and norms for engineering practice.
9. Effectively function as an individual, a member and leader in diverse group in multidisciplinary areas.
10. Effectively communicate on complex engineering activities with the engineering community for effective reports and design documentation to make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Use engineering and management principles to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment as a member and leader of a team.
12. Self-learner and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
PG Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
1: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their career and/or obtain an advanced degree;
2: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to function ethically and responsibly, and will remain informed and involved as full participants in the respective profession of our society;
3: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to successfully function in multi-disciplinary stream;
4: Our Computer Science & Engineering graduates will apply basic principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and science to successfully complete software related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research;
5: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be innovators and professionals in technology development, technology deployment, and system implementation;
6: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be leaders in engineering, engineering management, applied research, and education;
PG Programme Outcomes (POs)
1. An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly define engineering technology activities;
2. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability & statistics, computer science, and engineering as it applies to the fields of computer software and hardware;
3. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyse, and interpret data;
4. An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health & safety, manufacturability and sustainability;
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve hardware and software problems using sound computer engineering principles;
6. An understanding of professional, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities as it pertains to computer engineering;
7. An ability to effectively communicate technical information in speech, presentation, and in writing;
8. An ability to understand the impact of computing in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
9. An ability to engage in lifelong learning;
10. A knowledge of contemporary issues, and an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern hardware and software tools necessary for computer engineering practice;
11. A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.