This is an exciting period for the Computer Engineering profession as the rapidly changing technology creates many opportunities and challenges. Department of Computer Science and Engineering is prepared to meet the challenges and is playing a leadership role in shaping the education of the 21st Century by providing unique educational and research opportunities in the forefront of Computer
Science and Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering established in the year 2000 offers UG programs in Computer Science and Engineering with intake 60, in 2001 it increases to 90 and finally from 2008 intake becomes 120. Post Graduate Course stared with intake 18 from 2008.
The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain areas in Computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction. The Department has an excellent placement record and the placed students are in prestigious software industries all over the world.
UG Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
1: Be able to apply the principles of Basic Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering to solve real world problems using computing systems.(GOAL)
2: To provide role-ready students with a strong foundation in the high-end quantitative scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, provide engineering / technological solutions to real world problems.
3: To prepare students for graduate studies, R&D, Consultancy Services, higher learning, administrative services, entrepreneurship and most importantly smart for IT Corporate responsibilities by following the supply chain framework. (MULTIDIMENTIONAL SCOPE)
4: To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the application specific software, understand the technical specifications for hardware and ubiquitous devices, design and provide novel engineering solutions and efficient product designs. (SKILL)
5: To provide coverage to promising cutting edge technologies, ample training and opportunities to work as teams on interdisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities. (LEADERSHIP)
6: To prepare the students for a successful career and work with values & social concern and awareness on the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice. (ETHICS)
7: Be able to lead and work in their profession with multidisciplinary approach, cooperative attitude, effective communication and interpersonal skills. (UNDERSTANDING)
8: Be able to engage in sustained learning through higher studies, professional improvement opportunities and self-directed learning to adopt them to changes in computing technologies in the local and global context. (ACTIVE LEARNING)
UG Programme Outcomes (POs)
1. Graduates will possess knowledge on applied mathematics, applied sciences andFoundational engineering concepts.
2. Graduates will exhibit with an ability to understand, identify, formulate and solve real world engineering problems.
3. Graduates will be able to demonstrate with excellent programming, analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
4. Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
5. Graduates will possess leadership & management skills with best professional ethical practices and social concern.
6. Graduates will develop confidence for self & lifelong learning.
7. Demonstrate an ability to implement and test a computing system or a component or aprocess, to evaluate and compare efficiencies of alternative solutions.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of the emerging technologies and a working knowledgeof software and hardware tools.
9. Recognize the need for continuing education, research and professional development.
10. Possess the knowledge and skills for employability and to succeed in national andinternational level competitive examinations.
PG Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
1: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their career and/or obtain an advanced degree;
2: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to function ethically and responsibly, and will remain informed and involved as full participants in the respective profession of our society;
3: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to successfully function in multi-disciplinary stream;
4: Our Computer Science & Engineering graduates will apply basic principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and science to successfully complete software related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research;
5: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be innovators and professionals in technology development, technology deployment, and system implementation;
6: Our Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be leaders in engineering, engineering management, applied research, and education;
PG Programme Outcomes (POs)
1. An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly define engineering technology activities;
2. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability & statistics, computer science, and engineering as it applies to the fields of computer software and hardware;
3. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyse, and interpret data;
4. An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health & safety, manufacturability and sustainability;
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve hardware and software problems using sound computer engineering principles;
6. An understanding of professional, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities as it pertains to computer engineering;
7. An ability to effectively communicate technical information in speech, presentation, and in writing;
8. An ability to understand the impact of computing in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
9. An ability to engage in lifelong learning;
10. A knowledge of contemporary issues, and an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern hardware and software tools necessary for computer engineering practice;
11. A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.