- To present an outcome based learners' centric Physics Course.
- Good correlation between the physics course taught at the Basic (1st year) and Advanced (2nd year) level along with cross-pollination between theory and practice.
- Special emphasis on innovative laboratory experiments.
- To motivate both teachers and students in basic and applied physics research and their applications in quality interdisciplinary teaching.
- Encouraging faculty members in participating professional conferences, training program and hands on workshop as well as active R&D work.