The Department should strengthen its position as the nodal center of scientific research of this Autonomous Institute and in the process would emphasis on initiation of postgraduate program as well as doctoral study. To achieve this goal, the department is committed to:
- Continual improvement in teaching, research and outreach exceeding traditional standards and metrics.
- The department of physics is comprised of faculty with diverse experience that can offer unique educational experiences at all levels and will utilize this expertise for initiation of new program like Masters of Science in Physical Sciences.
- Creation of an environment conducive for both theoretical and experimental research in physical sciences particular in areas of electronics device design and fabrication.
- Opening the window of advanced scientific and technological research by organizing seminars, symposium, conference and invited talks of eminent scientists and academicians of International repute as well as encouraging faculty members in participating professional conferences, training program and hands on workshop.
- Emphasis on funded research projects and creation of center of excellence in Nanoelectronics research.
- Innovation, design and implementation in nanoscience and technology including novel materials, computational source codes, and nanoelectronic & spintronic devices.