About the Department
The Department of Civil Engineering at JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, has been in existence since 2011. The Civil Department is focused on the Designing, Surveying, and Construction sectors, producing technically expert engineers. Civil Engineers are making significant contributions in planning and execution of Civil Engineering projects in India.
The Department follows advanced teaching methodologies, with state-of-the-art facilities for Laboratory, to keep in pace with the latest advancements. The department inculcates entrepreneur skills in the budding civil engineers to compete and excel in the current world scenario.
Faculty members provide civil on-site training experiences, through Educational Cum Industrial Visits, at the ongoing civil projects. The faculty of the department continues to deliver latest technical knowledge to the students, on the firm pillars of research and innovation.
The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to l earn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
Welcome to the department Civil Engineering, JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, West Bengal. The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to l earn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
The Department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, maintain nationally recognized research and provide quality professional and community service to the nation.
The Civil Engineering Program at the JIS College of Engineering through its faculty, staff, students, and constituents work together to of Civil Engineering. The programme accomplishes its mission through undergraduate programme.
USP of The Department
- Subjects taught in Civil Engineering are Industry required & job oriented and are framed by faculty members.
- To develop world class Civil Engineers our students work on real life projects with the help of advance teaching and learning aids and state of the art laboratory facilities.
- Faculty members are from renowned institutes like IITs, NITs and institute of reputes with good academic and research background.
- Different software is functional such as BIM, AutoCAD, Staad Pro etc. for the holistic growth of our students.
- Industrial as well as Government Sector visits are organized on regular basis.